Research Handling Multiple Clients
In this assignment, you study the different ways of handling multiple clients.
Using the Online Library or the Internet, research how multiple clients may be handled.
Based on your research and understanding, complete the following discussions: include an ABSTRACT, CITE
your sources in your work and provide REFERENCES for the citations in APA format.
Answer the following questions:
- In the distributed library application, would you prefer to use select for handling multiple clients? Is it possible to achieve the same task without using select? If yes, discuss various ways of doing this.
- Compare the usage of select and accept in your multiclient network programs?
Write a program to implement a TCP concurrent server with the following functionalities:
- When the client starts up, it should display a menu with the following service choices:
- Reversal of the string
- Count of words given the separator
- Count of characters
- Check for palindrome
- Provide the required functionality as a switch at the time of client invocation and convey it to the server as a part of the protocol by sending a message.
Once your program is done and running, post your response that includes the following:
- Outline of the method of invoking your server and client programs
- The server and client window screenshots for a sample service selected by the client
- The source code of the programs