Final Project 5
In the distributed library application, the server multicasts a specific book request to all the available clients. It, then, collates the results to send the list of peers serving the requested book along with their port numbers. This is required for implementing the LIST and SEARCH features in the distributed library application. You can refer to the CPAN website for help.
Using the simple client and server authentication programs you in the attachment below as the basis, in this final week’s assignment, you will be required to extend them to handle multiple clients.
Using the Microsoft Word document attachment, write a program to address the following:
- The modifications required at the client end are as follows:
- The client, which is capable of serving books, opens a listening socket waiting for requests from its peers.
- On registration, the client sends a 4-digit port number along with a login ID and password on which it is listening for requests from its peers.
- The modifications required at the server end as soon as the server receives a request from the client are asfollows:
- The server authenticates the client by using the login ID and password information.
- The server provides the port numbers of all listening clients from the file it maintains to record all the client information—login ID, password, and port number.
- On receiving a reply from the server, the client arbitrarily picks another client and contacts it with a time-of-day request.
- Messages must be appropriately printed on the client and server windows when a particular request is received or when the programs send a particular response.
- Additionally, complete the following tasks:
- Include a copy of your client and server programs implementing the distributed library application.
- Describe the method for invoking your programs.
- Include client and server window screenshots to validate your implementation.
|Grading Criteria** Created a program that addresses the client-end requirements specified in the assignment.
** Created a program that addresses the server-end requirements specified in the assignment.
** Described the method of invoking programs
** Included client and server window screenshots to validate the implementation
** Written components. ( cite all references,sources used, APA format, include Abstract)